When you have a food blog you have to have a recipe for the best Mojito drink. Besides being my top one favorite drink it is also one of the most popular drinks in the world.
Keep reading and learn how to make the best Mojito of all time.
There is probably more than hundred different ways of making a Mojito drink. There is just so many different adjustments and tweaks where you are varying on the amount of the ingredients. However, the basic ingredients always have to be present which is white rum, lime, sugar, sparkling water and ice.
Read also: Recipe for Nordic Elderberry Juice
The recipe I have listed below has my personal favorite ratio of the basic ingredients for a Mojito which I have adjusted through many parties.
When making a great Mojito there are three important things that you have to keep in mind.
Crust Ice Cubes for Mojito
The first thing you have to be aware of.
I personally always use crush ice instead of normal ice cubes. This way you get a colder drink due to the larger surface of the crushed ice. Also, crushed ice looks really great in a drink if you ask me.
Also see: Rhubarb juice with only three ingrediens
You can make your own crushed ice is by placing some normal ice cubes in a dish towel, wrap the dish towel around the ice cubes and hit them gently with a hammer, a rolling pin or similar tool. The crushed ice should be added just after you have pressed the lime wedges and mint leaves. Make sure to protect the surface when hitting the ice cubes.
Be gently when making Mojito
Number two important advice.
When you have added the lime wedges, sugar and mint leaves to the glass, then you need to gently press the ingredients to release the delicious flavor from them.
Also read: The best recipe for Elderflower juice
It is important that you do this step gently and do not mash the ingredients especially the mint leaves. You want to avoid mashing and breaking the leaves in smaller bits as this only brings some unwanted flavor in the drink.
Keep slapping the leaves
The last advice I have to make the best Mojito drink.
When the drink is almost prepared, you want to decorate the top of it with some fresh mint leaves. Pick a couple of good looking leaves from the plant, place them in the palm of one hand and hardly slap your hands together.
This slapping of the leaves releases some delicious mint flavor into the air around the drink and gives the drink a nice scent.
- 1/2 lime sliced in four pieces
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 7-8 mint leaves (preferably the smaller ones)
- 50 ml white rum
- 3/4 of glass filled with crushed ice
- Topped up with sparkling water about 100 ml
- Roll the lime on the table, cut away the tip of the fruit and divide it in half. Then slice it in another four pieces. Transfer the sliced lime to a glass.
- Pick 7-8 small mint leaves and put them in the glass together with the lime. Try picking the smaller leaves as they have the most flavors.
- Add one tablespoon of cane sugar to the glass.
- Use a drink muddler or the tip of a wooden spoon to gently press/tap the mint leaves, the lime wedges and the sugar. Make sure not to mash the leaves but only to gently press them. Mashing the leaves will bring out some unwanted flavor - so avoid this. Press the ingredients about 5-7 times.
- Now fill the glass 3/4 with crushed ice.
- Add the 50 ml white rum.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.
- Use a spoon to gently stir and mix the ingredients.
- Finish off by topping up the glass with crushed ice and some mint leaves. Serve right away.