This chocolate cake is very easy and quick to bake, and it is so moist and delicious. I am sure that everyone would like this cake, so it is perfect for throwing a party, baking for the kid’s school or maybe for your colleagues? I got this recipe from my grandmother.
I have baked it so many times, and it is always good and loved by everyone. It is actually not really a chocolate cake but more a cocoa cake. But that just makes it a lot easier – because everyone has cocoa in the kitchen, but not always chocolate. In my opinion this is the best chocolate cake ever!
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to this chocolate cake we can absolutely recommend this recipe for a chocolate cake with no sugar or flour added.
- 150 g soft butter (5 oz)
- 250 g sugar (9 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 175 g all-purpose flour (6 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (1.4 oz / 40 g)
- 0.75 dl natural yogurt (0.3 cup)
- 0.75 dl boiling water (0.3 cup)
- Mix the soft butter with sugar. Add the eggs once at a time. Whisk between the eggs.
- Add yogurt and boiling water to the batter and mix it.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cocoa and vanilla sugar in a separate bowl and then add it to the batter. Mix it together.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Set the oven for 175 C (350 F). Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 35-40 minutes).
- When the cake is cooled down you can add some frosting if you like.