If you are looking for an easy-to-make recipe for a Nordic vegetarian dish, then you are landed on the right page. This recipe for a Nordic one-pot edamame broccoli noodle green curry is super easy to make, it is healthy and done in only 30 minutes. What more is there to ask for?
See also: my favorite vegetarian recipes
In recent years there has been a great focus and debate in the Nordic countries about how we can protect and conserve our climate. Of course, this is also a topic at my home. Therefore, we have gradually tried to convert our meat diet into a more vegetarian diet.
This recipe I have shared just below is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes and one that we really like to make. And the fact that it is fast to make and healthy fits very well into my busy everyday life.
- 200 g noodles
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 pointed cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 large carrots (julienne)
- 2 dl edamame beans (without shell)
- 4 dl vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- fresh cilantro
- shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- salted peanuts
- Precook the noodles in lightly salted water. Remove the noodles from the water 2 minutes before they are done.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. On a frying pan with hot oil, add the onions, garlic and green curry paste. Fry the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- Peeled and cut the carrots julienne (smaller pieces). Rinse the broccoli and break into smaller pieces. Finely shred the cabbage. Add all three ingredients to the frying pan. Fry for another five minutes.
- Add edamame beans (shelled), coconut milk, vegetable stock, soy sauce, the precooked noodles and salt and pepper to taste. Let everything simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Served topped with freshly squeezed lime juice, fresh cilantro and salted peanuts.