We really love apple pie and especially when it is freshly baked from the oven and it is still a little hot. In Denmark the apple season is in the autumn - this is the time of year where the apples have spent the entire summer licking sun and growing big and juicy.
I believe this is just great because a hot apple pie is the perfect desert for a cold autumn day. This recipe for apple pie is super simple and easy to cook and you get the most delicious pie. This apple pie is basically a layer of fresh apples topped with crumbled cinnamon dough.
The sweet but still a little sour apples, goes perfectly with the crispy and cinnamon spiced crumble dough.
- 4 apples
- 100 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 25 g oats
- 50 g almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Peal the apples, slice them and put them in a ovenproof pie pan.
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar and oats together in a large bowl.
- Crumble the dough in small pieces on top of the apples.
- Coarse chop the almonds and mix them with the cinnamon.
- Distribute the almonds and cinnamon on top of the crumbled dough.
- Bake the apple pie at 180 C (360 F) for about 25-30 minutes.