We really love apple pie and especially when it is freshly baked from the oven and it is still a little hot. In Denmark the apple season is in the autumn - this is the time of year where the apples have spent the entire summer licking sun and growing big and juicy.
Also try: Recipe for Traditional Danish Butter Cake
I believe this is just great because a hot apple pie is the perfect desert for a cold autumn day. This recipe for apple pie is super simple and easy to cook and you get the most delicious pie. This apple pie is basically a layer of fresh apples topped with crumbled cinnamon dough.
Read also: Recipe for Nordic Cinnamon Twist (Kanelstang)
The sweet but still a little sour apples, goes perfectly with the crispy and cinnamon spiced crumble dough.
- 4 apples
- 100 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 25 g oats
- 50 g almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Peal the apples, slice them and put them in a ovenproof pie pan.
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar and oats together in a large bowl.
- Crumble the dough in small pieces on top of the apples.
- Coarse chop the almonds and mix them with the cinnamon.
- Distribute the almonds and cinnamon on top of the crumbled dough.
- Bake the apple pie at 180 C (360 F) for about 25-30 minutes.
This looks divine! I love apples and cinnamon, and the crumbly top looks perfect.
Thanks for your comment :-) I can highly recommend this pie, it's very delicious :-)
I have made it, this is very easy and so delicious, thanks!
I'm happy that you like the recipe :-)
What variety of apples do you use? They don't look like traditional British cooking apples.
I normally use Belle de Booskop or Cox Orange apples. The best type of apples are the ones that have a sour taste.
what a simple and delicious recipe. yumm :)