This recipe for banana cake with chocolate is very delicious and easy to make. The cake is one of our most favorite and we have made it several times for both birthday parties and other special occasions. The mashed bananas, in the cake, makes the cake very moist and gives it a wonderful taste. If you have a couple of extra bananas, which are starting to get a bit overripe, you can easily use them to make this cake.
Normally if we have some overripe bananas, we use them to make this banana cake, a banana-chocolate shake or some delicious healthy banana pancakes. However, if we can't figure out what to use the bananas for, we simply just bag them and save them in the freezer - we have made a very simple guide how to do this - this way we never have to throw out bad bananas.
Danish Banana Cake with Chocolate
- 3 egg
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar / essence
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g melted and cooled butter
- 2 bananas mashed (use frozen bananas if you have some)
- 50 g dark chocolate/ (or chocolate chips)
- 100 g melted dark chocolate
- Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla sugar together into a light and fluffy mixture.
- In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder together.
- In 3-4 steps gently mix the flour and melted butter with the batter, mix them alternately.
- Mashed the bananas and mix them with the batter.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and mix it with the batter.
- Grease a bread tin with butter or lined it with baking paper. Pour the batter into the bread tin. The volume of the bread tin should be around 1 liter (1/4 gal).
- Bake the cake at a low position in the oven. Bake it a 175 C (350 F) for about 40 minutes.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the bread tin and let it cool off.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the cooled cake. Use a knife to spread it around.