When I first stumbled upon this recipe for Easy Lo Mein I had never heard about it before but from a quick browse through the ingredients list and the instructions, I instantly knew that this recipe was going to be a hit at my house.
The first time I made this dish I just got confirmed about my first thoughts – it became an instant hit. This dish is just so fantastic!
So, why it this dish so great?
See also: The best and healthy Nordic recipes
First of all, this dish is fantastic easy to make – it literally only takes about 15 minutes to make a dinner for four.
The different ingredients are prepared separately and all mixed together on a large wok or frying pan. The ingredients are mixed together while being heated and served directly from the pan.
Simple and easy – nothing more!
Great and heathy fast food
But, what is the great about fast-food if it does not taste good.
Luckily, this dish has a wonderful taste. I persoannly think it has this wonderful taste like it was made by a professional restaurant or take-out place.
The combination of the fresh vegetables together with the homemade sweet soy sauce is just fantastic. This homemade soy sauce gives this dish a simple and very rich – it just goes perfectly together with the noodles and vegetables – super delicious.
Lastly, this dish is packed with great vitamins and, if you uses whole wheat noodles, dietary fiber which is good for your stomach and makes you feel full for a longer time.
Originally, this dish is supposed to be made with regular white egg noodles. I always upgrade my recipes, which contains regular egg noodles, to contain whole wheat noodles. Of course, this is completely up to yourself and your preference.
Recipe for Easy Lo Mein
You start by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set it aside while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
While you wash and prepared all the vegetable, bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. When done, drain the noodles completely.
On a hot frying, add some oil and fry the garlic, carrots, mushrooms and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the homemade soy sauce and noodles, and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
Done! Serve right away.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 125 g mushrooms thinly sliced (4.5 oz)
- 75 g sugar snaps (3 oz)
- 1 carrot thinly sliced (julienned)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 70 g fresh spinach leaves (3 oz)
- 150 g egg noodles (5 oz)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce more to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil olive or sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or ginger juice)
- 1/2 tsp strong chili sauce (like Sriracha sauce)
- Start by preparing the sauce. In a small bowl; mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set it aside.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package. Let the noodles drain well while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Before starting frying, it is a good idea to prepare all the ingredients. Mince the garlic, thinly slice the mushrooms, bell pepper and the carrots (Julienned).
- On a large frying pan or wok pan, heat up some oil.
- Add the garlic, carrots, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Fry until the vegetable are tender which normally takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce, sugar snaps and baby spinach. Gently toss to combine and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve right away.