This recipe for small mini pies, or tarts, has a delicious filling made from whipped cream and lemon curd. This great combination gives the pies a wonderful balance between the fresh whipped cream and the sour lemon curd. The top of the pies are decorated with small and fresh blueberries. All combined, these pies are beautiful and has a very delicious taste.
The pie crust is relatively easy to make and are only made from simple ingredients. We normally make these pies as small tarts. However, it is totally up to you whether you want one large pie or several smaller.
Lemon Curd & Blueberry Mini Tart
6 small pies (10 cm in diameter) or 1 large pie (25 cm in diameter)
Preparation time: 45-60 minutes
200 g (7 oz) all-purpose flour
50 g (2 oz) icing sugar
100 g (3.5 oz) butter
4-5 tbsp lemon curd
2,5 dl (1 cup) heavy cream
250 g (9 oz) blueberries
1. Mix the all-purpose flour with the icing sugar.
2. Cut the butter in smaller pieces and crumble it together with the flour.
3. Add the egg and mix it all together.
4. Distribute the dough into small tart/pie dishes.
5. Bake them for about 10 minutes at 180 C (360 F).
6. Let them cool off before adding the filling.
7. Whip the heavy cream.
8. Gently mix the whipped cream with 2 tablespoons of lemon curd. Add some extra lemon curd if you want it a bit more sour. We have an easy recipe for lemon curd on our blog.
9. Spread out a thin layer of lemon curd on each pie crust and then add some of the lemon-curd-whipped-cream.
10. Rinse and clean the blueberries and decorate the pies.
This looks adorable! Lemon and blueberry are such a good combination too. Thank you for sharing!
Hi Vic. Yes, it's a great combination :-)