I think most of you have tasted a crunchy broccoli salad sometime in your life. This recipe contains raisins, red onions and pineapple and of course crunchy bacon pieces on top of the salad. It is most definitely the sweet and sour dressing that takes this broccoli salad to the next level.
See also: Recipe for traditional Danish rye bread
You can serve this salad to practically anything you would like – or maybe just as it is for yourself at lunch. It is a success among guests and it is a great way to get the kids to eat some healthy broccoli. It is covered in the great dressing and is full of other lovely things that kids love.
- 3 heads of fresh broccoli
- 2 cans pineapple
- 100 g raisins
- 150 g bacon cubes
- 1 red onion
- 3 dl sour cream
- 4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel the stem and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Boil some water and pour it over the stem and leave it for about one minute. Do the same with the broccoli florets, but for a shorter amount of time.
- Now pour cold water over the broccoli – both the stem and the florets.
- Cut pineapple and red onions in small cubes.
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Mix sour cream, sugar, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to a lovely dressing.
- Mix broccoli, pineapple, raisins and red onion with the dressing. Add the crunchy bacon pieces on top.