When we made this recipe, it was the first time we tried chocolate fudge - our question was: why haven't we made it before? It taste wonderful!
Chocolate fudge is a kind of American confectionery, which is normally soft, sweet and made from butter, milk and sugar. From our Danish point of view, we think it tastes like a mix of chocolate and caramel. This fudge has a nice and rich taste of chocolate and a great soft consistency. We decided to add some chopped nuts to our fudge. However, this can easily be left out if you prefer.
The best about this recipe is that you only need to put in about 5 minutes of work. The recipe is fairly easy; you simply just mix chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a bowl and microwave it for about 1 minute - yes only 1 minute! Then you need to stir in the mixture, add some chopped nuts and then leave it to cool off in the fridge for about 1-2 hours - it doesn't get any easier than that. If you do not owe a microwave oven you can melt the ingredients in a sauce pan on the stove - it is just easier using a microwave oven.
This recipe gives you a quite large serving. However, it can easily be scaled to match your preference. This recipe below is scaled so that it uses an entire can of condensed milk.
Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge with Nuts
about 80-85 pieces
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1-2 hours
400 g (14 oz) chocolate (about 50-55 %)
1 can condensed milk (397 g - 14 oz)
50 g (2 oz) butter
200 g (7 oz) nuts (We used half almonds and half hazelnuts)
1. Coarsely chop the nuts and the chocolate (or use chocolate chips).
2. In a microwave proof bowl; mix the chocolate, butter, and condensed milk.
3. Microwave the mixture at high power for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the mixture until it gets a nice and smooth consistency. If it does not become completely smooth; you can microwave the bowl for another 15-30 seconds.
5. When the chocolate mixture has a nice and smooth consistency; add the chopped nuts and stir.
6. Pour the chocolate fudge in a baking dish or similar (20x20 cm - 8x8 inch) lined with baking/parchment paper.
7. Put the fudge in the fridge for about 1-2 hours and then cut it into smaller pieces. Keep the fudge refrigerated afterwards.