The Chili con Pollo recipe is very simple and easy to prepare. It is great when you are in a hurry and still want a delicious and healthy dinner. The preparation time is about 45 minutes and that is from start to the dinner can be served. Chili con Pollo is basically a chicken, beans and chili stew. It can be served all-year around but is especially perfect for the cold winter period. It goes great alone or together with a piece of bread. It contains great and healthy ingredients which can be good for your body. If you have some extra time you can cook some extra and freeze it in small plastic bags. Then you can easily reheat it and have it for lunch or dinner.
Chili con Pollo
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
450 g (1 lb) ground chicken
1 can fava beans (or similar kind of beans)
2 clove garlic
1 can (140 g – 5 oz) tomato paste
1/2-1 red chili
1. Chop the onion, garlic and chili (use 1/2-1 chili depending on your preferences). Dice the tomato.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in a saucepan until the onion gets a transparent color.
3. Add the ground chicken and fry till it is done.
4. Add the tomato, beans, tomato paste, and chili. Stir and let it cook at low/medium heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Serve together with bread :-)
By Kim Nielsen
Last updated: October 23, 2014 at 21:23 pm