I love pizza! A super thin and crisp pizza with tomato sauce, melted cheese, oregano and maybe some chicken is just the best invention ever. This time I would like to share my best and most simple recipe for a super easy-to-make pizza dough. Many people always buys take-out pizzas. However, if you have tried to make your own pizza from scratch you know how great that can be. Of course, it takes some more time compared to ordering from the local pizza shop. I personally think that a pizza should not always come in a cardboard box. Making your own pizza is way cheaper and you can shape and add topping exactly as you like.
The Best Pizza Recipe
There are many different recipes how to make a pizza dough. However, the recipe I have listed below is the one I always turns back to. It only contains few and very basic ingredients; all-purpose flour, water, a little yeast, olive oil and salt. All ingredients I always have in my kitchen and that is just how I like it. I personally think this dough get exactly as crisp and tasteful as the one from the local pizza shop.
Today, I have decided to show only how to make the actually pizza dough. What kind of topping you want to add is completely up to yourself and your imagination. So get some flour and knead your own pizza dough.
Best Pizza Dough
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Danish title: Pizzabund
25 g (1 oz) fresh yeast (or equivalent dried yeast)
400 ml (1 3/4 cups) lukewarm water
3 tsp salt
6 tsp olive oil
650 g (23 oz) all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl; add the lukewarm water, fresh yeast, salt and olive oil. Mix everything well together and make sure the yeast and salt are dissolved completely.
2. Set the bowl aside for about 10-15 minutes. After this time, you should see small yeast-bobbles in the water.
3. Add the all-purpose flour and knead everything well together. The dough must be nice and elastic. The kneading time is about 10-15 minutes I you want the best result. You can use a kitchen machine for this step.
4. Add a little olive oil in a bowl and cover the dough in the oil. Set it aside to rise for about 1-1.5 hours or until the dough is doubled in size.
5. Use your hands to compress the dough and to push out the air inside. You can now decide the keep the dough in your fridge or freezer to be used at a later point. Just remember to bring the dough back to room temperature when to be used. If you want to continue; cover the dough and let it rise for another 15 minutes.
6. Divide the pizza dough into two large or four smaller pieces. Using a rolling pin, make a nice and thin pizza. Remember to sprinkle a little flour on the kitchen table so that the pizza dough does not stick to the table. Here it is a good idea to use durum flour. However, all-purpose flour would also do.
7. Now you ready to add tomato sauce and your favorite topping.
8. Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 250 C (480 F) until the pizza is crisp and the cheese is nice and golden. You can with advantage use a pizza stone to get a super crisp pizza.