We have several recipes for apple pie on our blog - this recipe for apple pie is made with marzipan and is very delicious. We think that an apple pie is best in the fall where the apples are freshly picked and full of tasteful apple juice. However, it is still very delicious all year around.
This apple pie is very simple to make. You simply just mix together the five ingredients for the pie dough, put it in a pie pan, cover it with apple wedges and finally sprinkle with a mix of cinnamon and cane sugar. Then it is baked for about 25 minutes and it is done. We normally serve it warm with sour cream or some homemade vanilla ice cream.
- 125 g marzipan
- 75 g cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 2 apples (sliced in thin wedges)
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 15 almonds (chopped)
- In a bowl; mix the marzipan, sugar and egg using your hands.
- When the marzipan mixture is nice and smooth; add the flour and vanilla powder/essence, and knead.
- Butter a rectangular or circular pie pan and distribute the dough in an even layer. The dough is a bit soft so have some flour on your hands while working with it.
- Place the apple wedges in a nice pattern and give them a gentle push into the pie dough.
- Mix cane sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the pie and apples.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and sprinkle them over the pie.
- Bake the pie at 175 C (350 F) for about 20-25 minutes or until it has a nice and golden crust.