Today I sharing this delicious recipe for Parmesan crusted chicken. There are several things I like about this breaded chicken; the best is that the inside is nice and moist while the outside is golden and crisp. The time it takes to make them is really not that long, I normally estimate about 45 minutes from start until you have a batch of these homemade chicken strips.
I typically serve these chicken strips together with some sweet-sour sauce for dipping and then a nice salad on the side – a simple but very delicious dish if you ask me. It is also my experience that most people really like these parmesan crusted chicken strips when I have served them for guests and family. Especially, the kids love them. I believe that it is the crisp crust and the delicious taste from the parmesan that I really like about these chicken strips.
If you are looking for a nice salad to be served together with these chicken pieces I can recommend to take a look in my section with different salads. You can find the categories on top of this page.
As mentioned above, this Parmesan crusted chicken is actually really simple to make. You start by cutting some nice stripes from chicken breasts. Then you prepare the double breading; you should arrange three deep plates. In the first plate you have all-purpose flour, the second you have a beaten egg and in the last deep plate you mix regular breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Then you are going to cover the chicken in the all-purpose flour, then in the beaten egg and finally a nice layer of Parmesan-breading. Place the breaded chicken on a plate and let them rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes. You can jump this step if you are in a hurry.
After the resting time, on a frying pan you heat up some oil or butter. Then gently fry the breaded chicken. This step is only to make the chicken and breading crisp on the outside. In the final step, you bake the chicken in the oven at 180 C (360 F) for about 10 minutes; this is to cook the inside of the chicken. If you have made thin chicken strips then you can skip the oven-part and just fry fry the chicken on the frying pan.
Serve the crisp chicken hot directly from the oven and together with a green salad and some sour-sweet sauce as dipping. Enjoy!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Danish title: Parmesan Parneret Kylling
300-400 g (40 oz) chicken filet
75 g (2.5 oz) grated parmesan
75 g (2.5 oz) all-purpose flour
salt and pepper
1. Start by cutting the chicken filet into smaller pieces or strips.
2. Arrange three different deep plates; plate 1: The all-purpose flour. Plate 2: a beaten egg. Plate 3: mix the breadcrumbs with grated parmesan, salt and pepper.
3. Dip and cover the chicken strips in the all-purpose flour from plate 1.
4. Then dip and cover the chicken strips in the beaten egg.
5. Finally, dip and cover the chicken strips in the parmesan-bread crumbs mixture. It is a good idea to use one hand for step 4 and the other hand for step 5.
6. Place all the parmesan breaded chicken strips on a plate and set it aside in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes. This step can be skipped.
7. On a hot frying pan; fry the parmesan breaded chicken strips in some oil or butter. If you have made some thick chicken strips it is a good idea only to fry the chicken for a short time and then bake them in a 180 C (360 F) hot oven for about 10 minutes.
Tip: Serve these parmesan crusted chicken strips with a nice tomato salad and some sweet-sour sauce as dipping.