This time I would like to share my most favorite vegan recipe which is an one pan Mexican dish made with lots of healthy quinoa seeds, beans and Avocado.
Healthy and Simple Dish
The reason why I think this is such a great dish is because it has a very rich and delicious taste, and at the same time it is packed with good nutrition. The dish is very filling and a super source of protein.
This Mexican quinoa dish is very easy to prepare and it only takes about 20 minutes of working time and then about 25 minutes of cooking time. Therefore, it is absolutely a dish which can be made even though you are late home from work or similar.
I have learned about this recipe from sister and her husband who are living as vegans. They have their own small online recipe collection, in danish, where they keep their favorite and primarily vegan recipes.
As said, it is quite easy to make this dish. In a sauce pan or large frying pan; you start by frying some chopped onion, garlic and chili. Then you add almost the rest of the ingredients; quinoa seeds, beans, some vegetable stock and spices. Then you let everything simmer for about 20 minutes. Finish off by adding a diced Avocado, some freshly squeezed lime juice and a handful of chopped cilantro. It is that simple to make this super healthy and very delicious dish.
One Pan Mexican Quinoa
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 cloves of garlic
1 red chili
250 ml (1 cup) quinoa seeds
250 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 handful chopped cilantro/coriander
1. Peel and chop the onion, garlic and chili.
2. In a sauce pan or large frying pan; heat up some oil and add the chopped onions, garlic and chili. Fry for about 1 minute.
3. Add the Quinoa seeds, vegetable stock, black beans, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and cumin powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat it all up until the water starts to boil. Then add a lid and turn down the heat to a low temperature. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Before serving; add a diced avocado, lime juice and handful chopped cilantro. Mix it all and serve it.